Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Since I probably won't be doing much food photography while preparing Thanksgiving dinner, I thought I'd just share my menu.


My husband and I are hosting a small Thanksgiving dinner - just his mom and a family friend. On the menu:


Cheese, crackers, and sliced persimmon from our farm share


Brined Turkey
A friend of ours made this for us last year and it was incredible. The recipe comes from Emeril Lagasse of the Food Network. We've never brined a turkey before, so this ought to be interesting.


New England Sausage, Apple, and Dried Cranberry Stuffing
From Epicurious. We've made this a few times now for Thanksgiving. It's wonderful.


Mashed Potatoes with Parsnips
Another item served up to us by friends. They made it with 3 potatoes and 6 parsnips, plus butter and a bit of half and half.


Green Beans
We'll keep those simple.


Candied Cranberry Sauce
It's from Food and Wine. The cranberries get cooked in a skillet with minimal water, so they stay whole. I've never made it, but it sounds good.


Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust, whipped cream, and candied pepitas
The pumpkin pie and pepitas come courtesy of Martha Stewart. The gingersnap crust idea came from the blog Martha Stewart Baking at Home. I love anything ginger, and the pepitas just look like a fun addition.

To drink, I'll be serving up some of these cocktails from Martha Stewart, made with rose cava and bay-infused simple syrup. We'll probably pop open a nice bottle of white from one of our recent trips to Napa.



And that's dinner. Hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: